A Skills-Building Technical Conference & Exhibition Covering Key Topics in Transmission & Distribution
The INMR WORLD CONGRESS is a skills-building and technical enrichment event for engineers and other professionals in the field of power transmission & distribution. It is comprised of a 3-day Conference and PRODUCT & TECHNOLOGY EXHIBITION that runs in parallel.
This Congress is held every two years and moves successively between Asia, Europe and the Americas. The last Congress was held in Berlin from Oct 16 to 19, 2022 and saw hundreds of participants from across the globe attend 115 paper presentations.
The next event is planned for Bangkok, Thailand, from Nov. 12-15, 2023.
One of the key challenges facing the electricity supply industry is maintaining cost-efficient and reliable power grids. There are several aspects to this challenge:
- Applying optimal insulation design for overhead lines and substations.
Insulators are among the most critical grid components in determining cost and reliability. While representing a relatively small proportion of capital outlays on new lines and substations, insulator maintenance often accounts for the majority of life cycle costs. Insulator failure is also one of the leading causes of unplanned outages.
- Effective application of surge arresters on lines and at substations
Arresters to mitigate impact of lightning strikes as well as switching and other overvoltage events must be properly applied, with optimized design and installation in the case of overhead lines. In the case of substations, proper specification as well as continuous condition monitoring is required
- Pre-commission testing and condition monitoring of underground power cable systems
Ensuring safe and reliable operation of medium and high voltage power cables requires pre-commissioning testing and periodic condition monitoring using the most effective technologies.
- Ensuring that only quality components and equipment are applied on the grid.
Laboratory testing of components and certification procedures for suppliers are critical to reducing risk of failures due to low quality products.
All the above will be the focus of the 2023 INMR WORLD CONGRESS, with more than 110 lectures by world-renowned experts who will cover:
- Optimizing choice of insulation for lines & substations in terms of most suitable insulator technology and design given the pollution environment and other local service conditions;
- Improved application & condition monitoring of surge arresters;
- Applying the most suitable and effective inspection techniques to test and assess the condition of power cables and their accessories;
- Establishing suitable administrative and test procedures to verify the quality of equipment and components installed on the grid.
The 2023 INMR WORLD CONGRESS will feature papers and lectures by selected international experts who include:
- experienced engineers and asset managers at transmission system operators and distribution system operators (TSOs & DSOs);
- experts working for manufacturers of medium and high voltage components and equipment;
- university professors and researchers in power engineering;
- experts at high voltage and high power test laboratories;
- internationally-known consultants in power system design, operation and maintenance.
Running in parallel to the technical conference will be a PRODUCT & TECHNOLOGY EXHIBITION showcasing the newest designs of key network components and related testing services and equipment. This unique ‘hands-on’ exhibition will allow attendees to discuss their needs with experts from many of the leading international suppliers.